What Is Valium?
Medications like Valium are particularly specified for treating seizures (attacks), alcohol withdrawal symptoms, and anxiety. Diazepam is the authorized generic counterpart of Valium. Moreover, you can buy Valium online to treat muscular spasms and give sedatives before some medical operations. Valium belongs to the benzodiazepine medicine class and acts by relaxing the nerves and brain. This drug is a regulated chemical, which can lead to addiction, overdose, or even death.
Valium was granted a patent in 1959. Since its introduction in 1963, it has been one of the most often prescribed drugs in the world. It was the best-selling drug in the United States between 1968 and 1982 selling more than 2 billion tablets. It was the 128th most widely prescribed drug in the United States with almost 4 million prescriptions in 2020.
The World Health Organization has classified Valium as an essential medicine.
Brand Name: Valium.
Generic Name: Diazepam.
Drug Type: Human Prescription Drug.
Buy Valium online for a flat 10% off with a coupon code SAVE10 or SALE10.
Side Effects Of Valium
Some medical reports claim that an overdose of Valium can cause mild to moderate side effects, as stated below:
Common Side Effects
Common side effects of Valium incorporates:
- Impaired memory.
- Impaired coordination.
The effects of Valium may continue for a day after you stop using it. Do not drive or operate risky machinery if you are dizzy or drowsy.
Serious Side Effects
Notify your doctor immediately if you're experiencing any serious side effects after taking Valium, such as:
- Trouble walking.
- Muscle weakness.
- Urination problem.
- Signs of infection (such as yellowing eyes or skin rashes).
- Slow or fast heartbeat.
Valium And Addiction
Valium usage can lead to physical and psychological dependency. Physical and psychological dependency is related to drug addiction. Your healthcare physician can explain the key factors of physical dependency and drug addiction in further detail. The danger of dependency and disengagement rises with age. The medications may have a longer effect on elderly folks and take longer to exit their bodies. See your doctor about the best treatment for your anxiety if they are a substantial concern for you.
You should also never stop using Valium abruptly. Stopping this medicine too fast might result in withdrawal symptoms. Seek your doctor's guidance on the best approach to go off this medication gradually.
Dependence on Valium can induce various adverse effects such as:
- Muscle Weakness.
What Is It Used For?
Valium is an officially FDA-approved medicine that doctors prescribe for distinctive medical purposes. Let's explore all its uses in detail, as stated below:
Valium As An Anxiety Treatment
Valium relieves anxiety by relaxing the brain and nerves. It is an effective anxiety drug that can help lessen anxiety symptoms in those who suffer from this illness.
Valium To Treat Seizures
Valium is often used to treat epilepsy on a long-term basis. Valium's anticonvulsant properties can help in the treatment of seizures caused by a drug overdose or chemical toxicity.
Valium is occasionally given on an as-needed basis to prevent febrile seizures in children under the age of five.
Valium To Treat Muscle Spasms
Valium also has a sedative effect that can help with muscular spasms. You can order Valium online as an emergency muscle relaxant to relieve discomfort caused by muscular spasms.
How Effective Is Valium?
Valium works by increasing the concentration of the neurotransmitter GABA at multiple brain receptor locations. GABA decreases activity in several parts of the brain, including those that govern emotion, thinking, memory, and involuntary activities like breathing. Valium has a rapid onset of action. Most people feel the outcomes of this treatment within an hour. Moreover, Valium can act in 15 to 30 minutes for certain people. However, thorough clinical investigations on the efficacy of Valium in long-term usage (longer than 4 months) have not been conducted. The physician should examine the drug's effectiveness for the specific patient regularly.
Valium Dosage & Interactions
Valium Dosage Guidelines You can buy Valium online from our leading web pharmacy in different forms and strengths, as stated below:
- Adult: 2 to 10mg oral tablet for 2 to 4 times daily.
- Older Adults: Your doctor may initially prescribe 2 to 2.5mg 1 to 2 times daily. However, your doctor may increase your dose if needed.
- Children 6 months of age and older: Take 1 to 2.5mg 3 to 4 times daily. Your doctor may extend the dose according to you your child's condition.
- Children under six months of age: Use of Valium is not suggested.
For Alcohol Withdrawal:
- Adult: Take 10mg oral tablet 3 to 4 times for the first 24 hours, then 5mg 3 to 4 daily as required.
- Older Adult: Take 2 to 2.5mg 1 to 2 times a day. Your doctor will slowly raise your dose as needed.
- Children: Your doctor will determine the suitable Valium use and dose.
For Muscle Spasms
- Adult: Take 2 to 10mg 3 to 4 times daily.
- Older Adults: Your doctor will initially prescribe 2 to 2.5mg 1 to 2 times daily. Your doctor may extend your dose if needed.
- Children 6 months of age and older: Take 1 to 2.5mg 3 to 4 times daily. Your doctor may gradually increase your dose after analyzing your condition.
- Children up to 6 months of age: Use of Valium is not suggested.
- Adult: Take 2 to 10mg 2 to 4 times daily.
- Older Adults: Your doctor will initially prescribe 2 to 2.5mg 1 to 2 times daily. Your doctor may advance your dose if needed.
- Children 6 months of age and older: Take 1 to 2.5mg 3 to 4 times daily. Your doctor will decide your forthcoming dose according to your condition.
- Children up to 6 months of age: Use of Valium is not recommended.
Drug Interactions With Valium
Grapefruit should not be consumed in combination with Valium. As a result, eating a lot of grapefruit might raise your Valium levels. This may boost your circumstances of experiencing negative effects.
Several drugs that interact with Valium include:
- Benzodiazepines or sedatives, such as sleeping pills.
- Antiseizure medications.
- Tranquilizers and muscle relaxants.
1. Valium And Alcohol
Valium may generate dizziness, drowsiness, or blurred eyesight. Alcohol should not be used with Valium. Alcohol can cause fatal withdrawal symptoms. Do not drive, or take part in any physical activity that requires attention. Consume no alcoholic beverages. Consult your doctor if you combine Valium with marijuana or any alcoholic drug.
2. Valium And Pregnancy
Valium should not be used during pregnancy. It can harm an unborn child. Inform your doctor immediately if you become pregnant or suspect you may be pregnant. Talk to your physician for further reports.